Hatch Announces 1000 Four Platform for Grassroots Economic Development
[October 10th, 2016]
Hatch is proud to announce that it is now opening the 1000 Four platform to cities, universities, incubators and other economic development agents across the nation. 96% of employers in the United States are small businesses and nearly 55% of businesses employ less than 5 employees. Hatch recognizes the immense headwinds facing local economies in a quickly changing and increasingly competitive environment. Embracing small business and entrepreneurship gives local and regional economies the vibrancy, resilience, and innovation they need to stay competitive. The 1000 Four platform will give cities across the country access to an innovative tool to boost their economies by empowering local entrepreneurs.
Lighthouse Labs joins 1000 Four Platform for Grassroots Economic Development
[October 10th, 2016]
Hatch is proud to announce the formation of a partnership with the Lighthouse Labs of Richmond, Virginia to build a strong small business and entrepreneurial ecosystem. Lighthouse Labs, a 2016 Silver Medal Winner of the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project, will be providing a diverse group of entrepreneurs and small business owners access to the 1000 Four platform.
Virginia Beach Economic Development joins 1000 Four Platform for Grassroots Economic Development
[October 10th, 2016]
Hatch is proud to announce the formation of a partnership with the City of Virginia Beach Economic Development to build a strong small business and entrepreneurship ecosystem. Virginia Beach Economic Development will be providing a diverse group of entrepreneurs and small business owners access to the 1000 Four platform.
City of Suffolk joins the 1000 Four Platform for Grassroots Economic Development
[October 10th, 2016]
Hatch is proud to announce the formation of a partnership with the City of Suffolk Economic Development to build a strong small business and entrepreneurial ecosystem. Suffolk Economic Development will be providing a diverse group of entrepreneurs and small business owners access to the 1000 Four platform.
Starting Block Joins Hatch’s 1000 Four Program
[April 5th, 2016]
Norfolk, Virginia – Hatch is excited to announce their newest 1000 Four Enterprise member, Starting Block. The Starting Block is a new venture launched by the Portsmouth Partnership to help area entrepreneurs and small business owners.
[March 22nd, 2016]
The Greater Williamsburg Business Incubator, also known as the “Launchpad”, is pleased to announce a partnership with Hatch and their 1000 Four Enterprise. As an enterprise member, the Launchpad will have access to hundreds of hours of business development content that covers dozens of topics that are essential to starting and building a successful business.
Announcing, Circuit: The Job Fair That Doesn’t Suck
[April 21st, 2016]
Whether you’re looking for a job with one of the area’s startups or other small business, or are a company looking to hire the area’s best talent, Circuit is designed to help you make the connection.
Hatch Hosts Execute 16.1 and the State Of The Startup Community Address
[November 17th, 2015]
Hatch is bringing together two of its best events to kick off 2016. Presented by Dominion Enterprises, Execute: The Hustle Driven Speaker Series and the State of the Startup Community Address will be held on January 21st 2016 at Norfolk’s Slover Library. These events are focused on entrepreneurship but open to everyone.
- The Best Cities for Entrepreneurs: “Because of people like Zack Miller, Norfolk came out of nowhere.” Read more here
- Local tech biz is hatching in Norfolk: “[T]echies are developing programs to improve the lives of everyone from bakers to gamers. Leaders of three startups previewed their work at a session Thursday night at Hatch, the biz incubator in downtown Norfolk.” Read more here
- Aneesh Chopra to share advice with Hatch. Read more here
- Think small, business advocate Zack Miller tells Hampton Roads. Read more here
- Norfolk company wins prize for solar cellphone charger. Read more here
- Biz advocate: New names for region falling on deaf ears. Read more here
- Portsmouth Partnership’s Starting Block ready to help new businesses. Read more here.
- ‘Hampton Roads Business Weekly’ TV show debuts: “WVEC ABC13 launched a 30-minute TV show highlighting local businesses called “Hampton Roads Business Weekly” with host Zack Miller, managing director of startup accelerator Hatch in downtown Norfolk.” Read more here
- Start Norfolk 5 Winners. Read more here
- Meet the Entrepreneur: Zack Miller explains how Hatch in downtown Norfolk grows companies. Read more here
- Top 5 highlights from the State of the Startup Community Address: “Zack Miller, founder of Norfolk business accelerator Hatch, wants both residents, outsiders and city economic developers to see the region as a place that can successfully launch businesses, including those edgy tech startups making waves in the blogosphere.” Read more here
- Start Norfolk attracts strongest group of entrepreneurs yet. Read more here
- MakerMex startup pitches to Hatch. Read more here
- State of the Startup Community address at the new Slover Library. Read more here
- Zack Miller of Hatch wants Hampton Roads to recognize its local assets and champion its own business successes. Read more here
- Zack Miller listed as a member of the Power Issue Top 75 for 2015. Read more here
- Hatch 5 Get a High 5: “Hatch Norfolk is more than just an incubator for emerging ideas and entrepreneurs.” Read more here
- Zack Miller, Top 40 Under 40. Read more here
- The 2012 Entreprenial Champion is Zack Miller: “At 28, Zack Miller is a youthful godfather to startups in Hampton Roads. His strategy? He puts a bunch of talented, creative people in a room together. And then he stands back. Miller’s Start Norfolk events unite fledgling entrepreneurs with professionals in marketing, technology, finance and other industries. Once introduced, they pitch ideas, collaborate and ultimately launch companies.” Read more here
- Look Ahead 2013 w/ Zack Miller: Read more here
- Companies show innovation at Start Norfolk competition: “Miller said his vision is to create 1,000 four-person companies instead of four 1,000-person companies.’It’s hard to replicate big companies,” he said. “We need to create small ones and hopefully from those we will create the big huge companies.'” Read more here
- Norfolk accelerator to assist local startups. Read more here
- Hatch introduces an obstacle course for entrepreneurs. Read more here
- Zack Miller Talks to Nibletz About Hatch: “[I]t was only natural that one of their own entrepreneurs Zack Miller decided to start an accelerator program for the region. He decided to put it in Norfolk which is the epicenter for Hampton Roads.” Read more here.
- Hatch provides their customers the knowledge of what they learned and continue to learn in business. Read more here.
- Entrepreneur fuels young professionals with advice: “Zack Miller, the founder of Hatch, talked about the advantages of being an entrepreneur — something that Hatch teaches its members — and some skills which are required to succeed in entrepreneurship. Miller shared how he has been successful in Norfolk by “running things like a business and less like a community.” Read more here
- Zack Miller awarded The Visionary Leader Award. Read more here
- Zack Miller, Nurturing Entrepreneurship. Read more here
- Start Norfolk 3. Read more here
- Now you can get your packages with a side of waffles. Read more here
- Hatching your startup this summer, Norfolk style. Read more here
- 63 Entrepreneurs Share the First Thing They Do Each Morning. Read more here.
- Win the Interview: 16 Action Takeaways. Read more here.
- Circuit Job Fair set for today at Slover Library in Norfolk. Read more here.
- Hampton Roads Entrepreneurial/Small Business Providers. Read more here.
- Marketing Lessons from the Ground Floor Up! Read more here.
- Governor McAuliffe Announces Members of the Governor’s Council on Youth Entrepreneurship. Read more here.
- A passion for bikes: Carry Norfolk’s new story. Read more here.
- Dominion Enterprises Sponsors Latest Hackathon — HackU-Coding Student Life. Read more here.
- 2013: A look back. Read more here.
- The One Minute Entrepreneur. Read more here.
- Opportunity Knocks at the 2015 Peninsula Entrepreneurship Forum. Read more here.